Friday, August 29, 2008

Good Times!

Today has been very eventful! The seller's called me this morning. Yesterday Time Warner was installing a fiber line in the area and ended up putting a hole in the gas line to the house. She smelled gas and called WE energies. Sure enough they confirmed it. They put a temporary shutoff clamp in and gave 2 options. Since they are no longer the owner she called us to make the decision. We're having a new line installed up to the house and the new meter will now be outside instead of inside.

Later on I call my Mom. Tell her closing went well, and we move in on the 15th. She busts out something about a letter she received regarding the chapter 13 bankruptcy my ex and I filed 3 years ago. Apparently the attorney is filing an application for obtaining an additional $2,000 in attorney fees. My Mom did not know about the bankruptcy previous to this letter. Anyways, I did not get the letter as they don't have my correct address. They called and got it from me this morning. Come to find out it's about this crap.

Another surprise my Mom sprung on me all non-nonchalantly: Dad was in the hospital for 2 weeks. 2 weeks and no one told me? WTF! Maybe she figured that it wasn't a big deal, it was only cellulitis, but still.

Next she fills me in on my Grandma. She's been staying with my parents for 2 weeks. She wants to die. She asked my Mom to put her in a home so she could die. I guess she has these heart attacks, which aren't really heart attacks, she looks like she is, feels like she is, but gets to the hospital and there's nothing wrong with her. She has done this at least 3 different times now. Since Grandpa died 2 years ago, she just feels like a burden and is lost. I feel bad for her.

We were supposed to go up to visit this weekend, but with all the recent drama and the car not acting right, I think I'm going with my gut and staying put. My gut is right most of the time!

TTFN! Have a great weekend everyone and be safe!

No comments: