Monday, July 7, 2008

The day's events

I wanted to come up with some great title, but I think I'm beyond that point at this time. It was a semi-productive day at work today. Got a bit farther on my documentation/cleanup of some database stuff.

I left early to take Rick to his road test to get his license. That did not go well. The DMV guy was a prick. Had an issue with Rick from the get go. Rick said How's it going? and the guy was like this way please. Then going out the door the guy told him that he wouldn't be running into people coming in if he used the door on the right. Then when testing the lights and such on the vehicle Rick couldn't hear him and the guy started yelling at him telling him he SAID turn off the lights...do it now! At this point you already know how it's going to go. The guy marked Rick for every 5 point deduction he could get away with. The guy said he didn't check his blind spot. Now, I drive with Rick every day, the ONE thing he does EVERY TIME is check the blindspot. Therefore, I know that is a crock of shit. When Rick said he did that the guy said "Well, I must have fallen asleep then" in a really smug tone.

Those of you who know Rick know he has a temper. A horrible horrible temper that he cannot control. So on the way out he kicked the doors, making a scene. Almost hit a lady walking in the parking lot. Then insisted on driving HIS way all the way home. Speeding and pounding the steering wheel. Now, I agree that the guy was an ass and more than likely failed him on purpose. BUT I totally disagree with his actions because he was mad. As if any of that would help the situation.

Once home he slammed the door of the van shut and immediately went inside slamming the door and punching the walls and throwing things. I could hear it in the garage. I then decided to stay out of harms way and sat on the front stoop reading. Meanwhile, the guy came to fix our AC which was broken since Sunday. As he got out of his van Rick started pounding on the door (from the inside) the guy looked up, then asked if I was having AC problems. I confirmed that yes we were.

He needed to go inside to check the filters, I let him in and went back out. About 15 min. later the AC guy said everything looked fine. It's probably just the humidity, once all the humidity was out of the house it would cool off. 3 hours later, it's a whopping 3 degrees cooler than when he got here. I think that's a load of shit. And I will more than likely have another night of little to no sleep. It's still 79 degrees in here. I'm roasting. :| Remind me again why I pay almost $1,000 a month in rent for this? When paying $600 I had an AC that worked, a NEW dishwasher, MY over-sized washer and dryer, and an extra $400 per month. Sigh.

On the plus side, I will get extra work on my SQL studies in this week! Which is much needed since I found that my creep of a boss has a meeting tomorrow with the people who want to buy the company (minus me)....see previous post.

I'm off to my sleepless night....I must get out of bed and get to the gym tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

rage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.