Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Month and Al's Run

One month ago I committed to changing my lifestyle and becoming healthier. It's been a roller coaster to say the least! I've made great strides in that short amount of time. From making better decisions about what I eat to being able to jog for 20 min straight on the treadmill! The scale has not been my friend, but we're working on that! I haven't gotten a chance to do my normal weigh in for the day but the one I do in the morning was promising! According to that scale first thing in the morning I've lost 10 pounds in the last month! W00t! I also took my measurements and lost 2" in my waist and 1.5" in my hips!

To celebrate my accomplishments I've decided to take part in the Briggs & Al's Run & Walk for Children's Hospital. There running and walking options. I don't quite feel up to doing the running yet, so I've chosen to do a walk. The walk options are 3 and 5 miles. I do about 3 miles every day with the dogs so I figure I will try the 5 mile option since it will be more of a challenge! If you would like to make a donation you can visit my Firstgiving page: http://www.firstgiving.com/hhilde99.

My journey has just begun and I look forward to all the fun and positive changes to come!

No comments: