Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 4 wrap-up

This is now my 4th week eating better and going to the gym 5 days a week. Week 4 was just an "off" week. Ever had those weeks when you just feel as though something is just not right? That was this week for me. Tuesday's Dance it Off class kicked my but! We did some bridge move where you lay on your back with your feet flat on the ground and lift your butt off the ground for the entire song. I felt that move all the way through Thursday! Thursday's run was hard I had the hardest time jogging and I even walked most of the 40 min. on the treadmill and THAT was hard. Today I skipped the treadmill and used the elliptical instead. A few less calories, but a lot easier on my tired sore legs!

I did ok on my eating this week. Tried a new tuna salad recipe and just could not eat it. The fishiness made me sick, so I had to go get a sub instead. Then I created the same recipe with chicken breasts and that was all good!

My weight seems to be stuck again this week. I had a couple nights where I didn't get a good night's sleep and I know that plays a part in it. However, I am a bit frustrated. To help with this aspect I've decided I would use my recent bonus from work to hire a personal trainer at my gym. She's actually the instructor for the Dance it Off class I take twice a week. The lady at the check-in desk said people usually go for 30 min sessions to start off with. So I purchased a package of 10 (30 min) sessions. I start off with the assessment next Friday then we'll start training from there. I'm pretty excited about this!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: