Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Changing My Life One Step At A Time

About 3 weeks ago I made a decision that I was going to change the things I do not like in my life that I have control over. One of these changes was my weight. Weight has been something I've struggled with all of my life. And as I'm getting older I'm starting to notice the effects the extra weight is having on my body. The one thin I noticed that really pushed me into making this decision was the pain in my hips. It was getting to the point where I had a hard time taking the dogs to the park, something they needed an I enjoyed. I knew from previous experience that it had to do with my weight, so I decided to make the commitment to changing my eating and exercise habits. Almost 1 month later and I don't have that pain in my hips anymore, I have more energy, and I can even jog for 20 min straight - something I have never ever done my entire life! For 3 weeks now we have only eaten out once a week instead of 3+ times a week. I feel awesome about that change as well and we're saving a ton of money! Who doesn't like that in times like this!

I have also decided to do something about my "style" or lack there of. 95% of the time my attire is jeans and plain old t-shirts. I feel frumpy in this attire. So my goal here is to gradually replace my t-shirts with other types of shirts. Out of each paycheck I will be purchasing 2 new shirts that are not t-shirts. This weekend I'll have my work cut out for me! I didn't purchase any new shirts out of my last check therefore, I have to find 4 that I like. This is not a easy task for me as there are certain features I do not like to show.....such as this muffin top. LOL! I did purchase 2 new shirts a few weeks back and I just feel different wearing them, so this will help that frumpy feeling as well.

Next stop is my hair. I want to do something different with it, I just don't know what. I have a natural curl to it, which hinders a lot of styles you see in magazines etc. It just does what it wants when it wants to! And I can't even THINK about bangs...unless I want to spend HOURS trying to get them to sit right and not do a spiral curl! I am also very low maintenance on my hair. I prefer a brush and go tactic, most of the time without blow-drying. So this change is just going to hang out there for a while, until I can figure out what to do with it!

My last change thus far really has nothing to do with my life really, but it makes me feel good anyways. I've started using the reusable shopping bags when doing grocery shopping. I just feel good not wasting all those plastic bags anymore helping the environment.

No comments: