Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Barking

With the current living arrangement Bella has developed a new habit - Barking! This started on Sunday. It was really bad that day, she barked at anyone that walked by, anyone she could hear, and the neighbor behind us cause she could see people in their driveway. Very frustrating to say the least. Perhaps she picked up on the fact that I was a little anxious about being home by myself.

She's gotten better about the barking in the evening. Once I go to bed it's a different story! For the last 3 nights she has barked from 9 -12. Since the house is on a semi-busy street there are a lot of people that walk by, mostly a lot of teens now that it's summer. Every time she hears someone talking outside she barks and her barks are loud, so it startles me and it takes a bit to fall back to sleep. Day 3 and I'm exhausted! I appreciate the warning from her, but it would be SO much better if she kept it to when something is actually going on in our yard and not just people walking by! Hopefully this is just part of the adjustment process and she'll ease up with this eventually. I will also talk to her trainer tonight at CGC class.

As far as things with me are going. I have my ups and downs. Sometimes I'll randomly want to break into tears, and sometimes I enjoy the single life. It is a healing process, and a whole new experience since I've never ever lived by myself! I've noticed that each little task I complete on my own is a real confidence booster! I can only hope that Rick can find the good in this situation too. I don't know how much he knows about what's going to happen so I can't write too much about it, but I know that in the end everything will be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing with that situation....