Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Negatives

During my marriage I did not control much of the financial aspect. It stressed me out to the max and my Husband just took it over. I learned this was not such a good thing. Not only did my credit get shot to hell, but it led to the filing of a chapter 7 bankruptcy and a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Yes, it really was that bad. Had I known what I know now things would be different. I'm a little more careful with my credit and it's on the rebound. Or I should say was on the rebound.

This year the ch 13 got to the point where I was now paying off the $5,000 in back child support belonging to my ex-husband. It all fell on me when we split. He was court ordered to pay $307 a month and has not made 1 payment. Muchless any part of the $1100 I thought he paid from income tax returns a few years ago. I got frustrated and gave up, decided screw him I will just let it go and refile. So I skipped a payment. Actually at the time I was thinking I'll just skip it to see if he'll make any of it. Turns out no he didn't and the day after I sent in the missed payment and the current payment the Trustee filed a motion to dismiss the case.

This is where a part of me I just don't like came out. When I don't want to deal with things I just shut down and won't talk to people, even if they are there to help. So I sent in the payments, the tax refund and went about my business. Then a few weeks ago I get a call from my lawyer's office. I of course ignore it. Then this week I open up the mailbox to a letter saying the case was dismissed and another one saying to call the law office. This time I realize that I messed up. I called and she informed me that the case was dismissed.

Doing some research I find it's not such a good thing this happened. Now I want to reinstate the case. I hear it's possible and I've contacted my attorney about it. I just hope it doesn't call for any action on my ex. That just wouldn't be good.

Also, my mother called. Get It Now called for me at her house (mind you I haven't lived there for 10 years now). She didnt' give them info, but it will be shortly before she's inundated with calls from these types of people I'm sure. So now I wait, and work on owning up to my mistakes. I think I've made enough for a lifetime and wonder how many more I can make before everything just falls apart.

I've also been in a funk about my weight. To the point where I'm so sick of seeing emails/ads about exercises to do and ways to cut the lbs. I have the desire to lose weight, there's just something there blocking me from doing it. I've been eating crappy and the only exercise I've been getting is my two 45 min. walks with the dogs per day which I don't know if those even count. Yes they're better than nothing, but they're not full out exercise. I've also been in a pretty bad funk over all my mood, my attitude, everything. I hope I can get out of it soon, because I'm seeing things I don't like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a strong girl and I know you can get through this. Having said this, you are no longer responsible for your exe's financial issues so don't offer to take care of them.