Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Free!!

Today was my meeting with my Attorney. Basically he said that this is what he was hoping I'd do but since he represented my ex and I he couldn't tell me to dismiss the case. He also said that my ex had called there and told him to dismiss the case. He was like what kind of idiot has someone else paying their bills and then actually requests for that to stop? Someone who is scared of another person coming after them for not making court ordered payments, that's who! Now, he will be held responsible for his back child support and other bills, not me!

In the long run it works much better for me. One MAJOR plus is that I fall just above what the average household of 1 makes. If you fall above this you do not have to send half of all income tax refunds received in to the trustee. I know, kinda messed up, since if you fall below you do have to send that money in. Go figure! The cons of the situation are that I have to extend this thing for 5 years (I was set to be out of the last one in Nov. 2010), and if anyone dies and leaves me money in those 5 years it goes into the bk. Other than that it was a good meeting.

Under the new laws you have to attend credit counseling. Basically it's a waste of time. But I did it and it's done and over and it wasn't too painful. At least it's something you could do online! So I'm well on my way for better days :) YAY!

No comments: