Friday, April 10, 2009

Shopping

Since I had off today I decided I would go ahead and look for a new dress that I could wear to my Niece's 1st Communion and my upcomming 10 year HS reunion. I'm assuming I can wear the same one to both right? I really have NO idea what to wear to that reunion, so I'm hoping this dress will cut it.

I went to Fashion Bug, Kohls, Dots, Sears, Pennys Boston Store, Layne Bryant.... all to no avail. I had my mind set on finding a little black dress, and the pickings were slim. Apparently if you're plus size you get a choice of moo moos and that's about it. I do not need to look like I'm an old maid in a moo moo really! So in a last ditch effort I went to another Fashion Bug and this one had a much better selection! YAY! I found the dress I picked out online. Unfortunately it made me look really fat and got glitter all over the place. So I tried on a second dress and this one was a winner! It's black with a see through layer over the top that has some flowers on it. I think it looks decent on me, I will wait to confirm that thought with Rick when he gets home tonight.

Dress shopping or any clothes shopping always turns out to be a self esteem shattering event. SO frustrating due to the fact that when you're plus sized you only have limited choices of clothing that is not made for old people! I absolutely HATE shopping for any clothing. So in the misdst of being devistated at every store I decided to go to the pet store where I knew I'd find something I neded...an easy walk harness for Bella (Tucker's works wonders!) and doggie nail clippers. While browsing around I get a phone call from the vet. Apparently the stool sample I brought in for Tucker came back positive. He has Giardia, which is some parasite that lives in the intestines and is not covered in standard de-worming medicine or his Sentinal tabs. This one is transfered through contaminated water sources. Bella had the same thing when we got her, so I kinda think it's something they got down south where they came from.

Luckily I was at the pet store when I got the call cause his meds have to be sprinkled on wet food. So I picked up 5 days worth of canned puppy food for both pups and 5 days worth of canned cat food. Somehow they all know if one of them is getting it and will be incredible persistant in the fact that they should get it too.

No comments: