Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Adventures in home ownership

It's true when it comes to home ownership - it's always something. Last night I noticed a foul smell in the bathroom...worse than poop! So I cleaned the toilet since it was looking like it could use a good cleaning. Then I went to bed. This morning I wake up and the bathroom still reeks. While getting ready for work I played find that smell. Tub - smelled like body wash....Sink - smelled like mouthwash....Toilet - smelled like bleach although I could pick up a hint of "that smell". Ruling those options out I continue getting ready.

Abby comes along and enters the bathroom and goes straight to the vent.....I think could it be? The cats have been stalking that vent lately......like they did when there was the mysterious scratching noise that was assumed to be in mine and the cat's heads. I walk over and sniff ~ yup that's where that smell is coming from. Just to verify I'm not imagining things I have Rick come in and sniff too. At first he smelled nothing in the bathroom, so I had him sniff check the vent....and he smelled it too! I am not imagining these things! YES! Then disappointment sets in as I realize we now have a dead rodent of some kind in the vent smelling up the house. EWE! Rick says he'll take care of it. I'm glad he's taking care of it b/c if it was up to me I'd be paying to have the ducts cleaned and disinfected!

Ah, the adventures in owning your own home. What a great way to start a morning!

No comments: