Monday, December 1, 2008

Snowfall

Last night was the first major snowfall of the season around here. Forecasters were predicting 6-8 inches of snow. However, in the end we ended up with about 3 inches due to warmer temps by the lake. Since our house is so close to the lake we ended up with rain/sleet for most of Sunday and the snow had not started sticking to the ground as of the last time I took the dog out last night (around 9:00).

This morning the snow was up to the brown markings on Bella's legs in most spots. She loves the snow...I think it somehow gives her more energy! She loves running in it and shoving her face all the way up to her eyeballs into the snow. She kept me laughing through our walk this morning! However, she wasn't too thrilled with the shovel this morning. I thought I'd let her play in the snow while I shoveled. She just sat by the door so I let her in. This is one of the times I wish we had a completely fenced in yard so I could just let her run free.

This was a very pleasant weekend! On Sat. Rick said he was going to go clean out the garage so both cars could fit. I gave him a hand and it only took half an hour or so and we had both cars in there! Perfect timing too!! It was so nice not to have to brush off the van this morning before coming to work! Turkey pot pie turned out beautifully we didn't even have any leftovers...which we usually do when I make chicken pot pie. We also watched a movie...The Strangers. I'm not quite sure I'd say that's a good movie, but it's not horrible.

No comments: