Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Puppy

On Saturday while Rick and I were out and about we stopped by the WI Humane society. While there we found these adorable 10wk old German Shepherd mix puppies. We have discussed getting a puppy many times in the past and we have concluded that we will get 2 dogs ~ a German Shepherd for Rick and a Pug or Wiener dog for me :) However, we plan on getting them about a year or so apart....we need to adjust to one at a time.

Since we knew we wanted a Shepherd we HAD to have one of these puppies. So, I talked to the lady up front and put my name on the waiting list to meet with a counselor. The lady informed me that it would be an hour and a half wait and asked if I could wait that long. I said of course. So, we sat around, filled out the application, walked around and watched the puppies. Rick had his eye on the male in the room that with the traditional shepherd markings and I had my eye on this little female that was mostly black with patches of tan on her legs. As we were waiting another couple met with a counselor and was looking at these puppies, specifically the little boy. Rick was devastated. Of course shortly after they were meeting the pups our beeper goes off and we meet with our counselor, Holly.

She took us into the room meet the pups. The little girl I had my eye on was adorable and SO sweet. Holly showed us another little boy that may have been from the same litter. He was a pretty cool pup too. We met with the pups again trying to make our decision. Finally we decided on the little girl I had my eye on. Roughly 2.5 hours after we arrived at the Humane Society we left with our little girl.




Meet Bella (which means beautiful in Italian) the newest addition to our family. She's been a good pup thus far. She's doing okay on potty training, but is starting to become a stinker and going in the house shortly after we bring her in. She's also in the fun stage of I'm going to chew on EVERYTHING I see. Puppies are a lot of work, but totally worth it. Like Rick said, this is the next step before children. I think I'd have to agree with that one, she's just like a toddler!

No comments: