Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hell week

So, this week has been particularly fun. We got the keys to the house on Sunday and took a load of boxes over. The sellers didn't get everything out until 8:00pm because it was raining that day and their stuff was all put into a Pod that would be stored for 2 weeks, so they didn't want it to get wet and moldy. Personally, they should have gotten the thing earlier. I wanted the keys to MY house.

After actually seeing the rooms with nothing in them we decided that we didn't like the color of the master bedroom ~ a Coca-Cola red color, so we were going to paint it. I wanted to get it painted prior to moving things in to make it easier. So that became my main project for the week. I got the primer done on Tues, the first coat done on Wed, and just have the final coat to do.....sometime before Friday. The color we agreed on was a shade of gray. I was a little apprehensive of painting the room gray, but I think it looks pretty darn good and it will look even better with our burgandy bedspread.

While doing the painting I noticed one of the Hildebrandt traits coming out. I have a pic of me when I was little, doing something in the kitchen, and my tongue is out just a little. I also have a pic of my Dad doing something on the stairwell to the basement, with his tongue out. Had anyone been in the room with me they could have gotten another pic of me with my tongue out many times! I guess I never outgrew that habit. :P

Since I've been putting in extra hours at work this week I'm hoping to leave early tomorrw so I can get the painting done before my Sister comes to help me move. Then the rest of the weekend will be all about the moving/unpacking. What Fun!!!! I'm exhausted already and can't wait until I can slow down and just relax. Too bad Sept. is a black out month for us here at work. I could use the extra day.

Cheers! H.

No comments: