Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So proud

Just a forewarning this has to do with IT. So, if you're not IT you may not know what the heck I'm talking about.

So, I'm at work and my co-worker brings it to my attention that the forms for one customer are not the same as another. I looked and sure enough, some have different file dates. So I figure I'll go in and execute my script to disburse all the newer forms to the right places. All the sudden I notice that I'm getting access denied. :| Then I realize that we made all the .docs read only since that script was made. So, I just spent the last 2 hours (yeah, I know I'm a little slow, I'm new to scripting) trying to figure out how to go through all 40 directories (x5 servers) and change the attribute to non-read only then copy my new file and make them read only again. But I got it, and minus a stupid little setback* I got it to work! I'm so proud, and I did it all by myself! W00t!

*While testing I made an output file for the script read only and didn't notice, then wondered why I was still getting access denied.

No comments: